GLOBAL SHOWROOM DESIGN COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
By registering and participating in the competition, Participants fully accept all the rules, terms and conditions of the competition. Any exceptions will automatically be excluded.
- Participants must be over 18 years of age (according to the date of birth on their ID card and/or equivalent legal documents).
- Participants can join the competition either individually or with a Team. There is no limit for maximum number of Participants in a Team, nor any limitations of countries, major of study or profession. The participating Individual or Team is hereinafter referred to as the “Participant”. The authorship of each team project is equally attributed to each member of the Team.
- It is forbidden for Participants to join the competition in case they have family-relations (legal parents or siblings) with jury of the competition.
In the case the "Participant" joins as a Team, the responsibility between the members is considered joint responsibility. Any action of any individual member of the Team is construed as a joint decision reflective of all members, therefore all members are responsible for consequences caused from the individual member. This applies to all of the Competition Rules.
II. SUBMISSION MATERIALS REQUIREMENTS
Participant will automatically be disqualified from the competition if the submission fails to meet the following conditions:
- The test must be written in English.
- The Participant may not include the name, team ID or any other form of personal or team identification information in their submission.
- Uploaded materials must be complete and in accordance with the Competition's criteria.
- The test was submitted in accordance with the deadline, instructions and regulations of the Competition.
- Submitted materials must be authentic and original, never before published or exposed, in whole or in part, in any media.
III. GENERAL RULES
- Participants are free to submit multiple entries but each entry must be registered using a separate email ID. For Team Participation, an individual will register with a representative email ID.
- The Participant must be the owner or author of the submitted project.
- It is forbidden for Participants to contact jury for matters related to the competition in any form.
- It is forbidden for Participants to disclose their materials regarding their projects before the winners are officially announced in any form.
- The Organizer has the right to change dates or other details in order to improve or fix aspects of the competition. In this case, the participants will be noticed within a reasonable time frame through all the Organizer’s media channels.
- The Organizer is not responsible for web malfunctioning, technical difficulties or failure to receive or upload materials; it is highly recommended to complete the registration and upload procedures before deadlines; Participants are invited to notify the Organizer via e-email in case of technical problems.
- The violating Participants will be disqualified together with their Team, as applicable.
IV. NOTES REGARDING PRIZES ADJUDICATION
- A technical staff appointed by the Organizer of the competition will evaluate the eligibility in terms of rules and conditions relating to the intellectual copyright of the projects: this does not impact the purpose of the jury’s work.
- The jury’s verdict is absolute and incontestable.
- Prizes are fixed regardless of the number of members in a Team; Prizes are non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
- The announcement of the results schedule of the Competition has been considered provisional. It shall be bound by the verification of the requisites defined by the Organizer.
- Once the results are announced, the Organizer shall reserve the right to collect and verify a copy of the identity cards of the Winners and the papers signed by the Winners as requested by the Organizer.
- Prizes will be awarded after verifying the identity of the Winners and after they sign a self-declaration certifying that they fully accept the terms of the Competition, the declarations of the transfer of rights regarding the Materials and the indemnification required by the Organizer for the use of the Materials and submit all design materials related to their submissions required by the Organizer.
- The winning individuals and organizations are responsible for declaring, filing income tax returns related to the prizes. The Organizer will pay for the bank transfer fee.
- The first-prize winner will be awarded the prize of 30,000 USD (in words: thirty thousand Dollars) after completion of the required legal procedures and submission of all design materials to the Organizer. Additional contract value of 10,000 USD (in words: ten thousand Dollars) will be awarded to the first-prize winner if he agrees to develop detailed technical designs within 10 (ten) working days. The detailed work items will be discussed later between the Winner and the Organizer.
V. NOTES CONCERNING THE MATERIALS
- By taking part in this Competition and accepting these Rules, Participants acknowledge and accept, from hereon, the Organizer and the Sponsor and Partner the non-exclusive rights to: i) publish the Materials and/or part of the Materials in any way or form and with any means of communication and/or support, including online platforms, social media channels and printed publications; ii) distribute the Materials and/or part of the Materials in any way or form and/or with any means of communication and/or support, including on- line platforms, social media channels and printed publications. This applies to all Competing Materials, regardless whether the Materials are selected for awarding or not.
- All projects that are awarded a prize along with any (available) intellectual property rights and/or industrial property rights of these projects are absolutely acquired by the Organizer and the Sponsor. The Organizer and the Sponsor acquires the exclusive rights of economic capitalization of the project and the permanent, unlimited, irrevocable, exclusive, internationally-acknowledged rights to use, realize, adapt, modify, publish in every media, display, reproduce and distribute the project for marketing and advertising purposes, review the editorial, create works based on the project or give the project or parts of it to third parties in any means or way or through any technology. The Organizer & Sponsor’s rights also include the freedom of panorama without any limitation in time or place.
- By taking part in this Competition and accepting these Rules, the Participants awarded with a monetary prize undertake, from now on, to provide, when required any further digital materials (i.e. 3D models, working files, etc.) regarding the project to help the Organizer, the Sponsor and Partner better report the results of the Competition.
- The Materials must be authentic, new, and original reflecting unique ideas of Participants for this competition: works and/or materials that do not comply with these features will not be accepted. Therefore, Participants agree to indemnify and hold the Organizer, the Sponsor and Partner harmless from any cost or damage connected with the infringement of any third-party’s intellectual property rights. By taking part in this Competition and accepting these Rules, Participants declare to be authors (and/or co-authors in case of the Team of more members) of the uploaded Materials.
VI. PRIVACY AND TREATMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
- The processing of Participants’ personal information will be carried out by the Organizer for the sole purpose of participation in the Competition and distribution of the Prizes.
- Participants will be held accountable for data accuracy - including personal data provided. The Organizer does not assume any responsibility for wrong data provided. According to privacy policies, the Organizer has the right to verify Participants’ personal data by requesting a copy of an identity document that reports the same data entered for the registration.
- The Organizer will share the personal data provided by Participants to the Partner.
- The Organizer is not responsible for Participants’ false data provision.